INFORMATION AND RATES
In addition to Functional Medicine and Wellness consulting and specialty lab testing, I am now offering on-site blood draws, advanced IV therapy, vitamin injections, comprehensive evaluations for nutrient deficiencies, bio-identical hormone replacement, personalized supplement programs, and health/nutrition coaching.
What you can expect from me:
I’m an experienced, licensed, board-certified medical doctor also certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine. I am also currently studying with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and the Metabolic Medical Institute. I see all kinds of patients, from those looking for solutions to complex illness to those who enjoy good health and want to be proactive in maintaining it. My practice is small and I accept a limited number of new functional medicine and wellness patients per month in order to maintain a personalized experience and the highest quality of care. I get the best results with patients who are willing to maintain a close working relationship with me and my team, provide frequent feedback, and check in often, so I try to make that as easy and enjoyable as possible.
I prefer to treat you as a whole person instead of focusing on a specific illness or disease, so my approach takes into consideration all of the systems of the body and how they are inter-related. My patients come to me with a variety of needs and conditions, and some of those are listed below:
- Thyroid disorders
- Adrenal Fatigue/ HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Stress-related disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Gastrointestinal complaints
- Food sensitivities
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Hormone imbalances
- Brain fog and cognitive decline
- Fatigue and energy issues
- Sleep disturbance
- Metabolic syndrome
- Systemic inflammation
- Toxin related illness
- Heavy metal toxicity
What I expect from you:
- I ask that everyone complete the application for consultation and book a complimentary call with me before I accept you as a patient.
- I require that you have a primary care doctor for routine health needs. I serve as a specialty consultant and cannot take the place of your regular doctor when it comes to acute illnesses, injuries, and routine health maintenance like mammograms, pelvic exams, prostate exams, cardiac stress testing, and colonoscopies.
- I ask that you always be open, honest, and thorough in providing the required information. I also ask that you be patient and willing to implement healing strategies that may take 3 to 6 months, and sometimes longer for complex issues. I require that you see me at least every 3 months thereafter to maintain your health, especially if you are on a hormone replacement or nutritional program.
I offer several great options to new functional and wellness medicine patients. All of them are customizable. This is designed to give you an idea of how I like to put things together and how many visits it typically takes to get you on track. Most of the prices are based on direct pay for the labs.
- Option 1 : Initial Comprehensive Case Review (ICCR) – This is how I get to know you and is required for all new functional medicine, wellness, and hormone therapy patients. The ICCR is a thorough review of your health history, including any previous labs and records you upload for me to interpret, and a 60-minute appointment with me to give you a “functional” perspective on your health and create a diagnostic plan for you, or give you a second opinion. Prior to this appointment, I go through all of the questionnaires you completed, review your old records, and construct your health profile. I also do some “thinking and linking” about your history and current issues. During the appointment, we fill in the blanks and create your unique health timeline. Lab testing is not included. Recommended labs and a proposed plan of treatment will be discussed at the end of our appointment with approximate pricing, and test kits prepared for you to pick up at a later date. $695 initial (Pediatric 16 and under initial consult rate $395) Follow-up visits $350/hr billed in 15-minute increments.
- Option 2 : 3-month Optimal Wellness Package – For those that know they want to dig deep and learn more about optimizing and managing their health with the ultimate guidance from my team, I have created this package. It includes the initial consultation and 3 follow-up appointments with me to discuss test results and implement healing strategies, 3 1-hour sessions with my health and nutrition coach, unlimited email access for questions along the way, and a 10% discount on recommended professional-quality supplements, IV vitamin therapy, and select aesthetics products and services. Labs not included, $2025
- Option 3 : 3-month Optimal Wellness Package with Labs – Same as above, but including my Core Lab evaluation: adrenal health screen, nutritional and metabolic testing, and a comprehensive stool analysis to look at the health of your microbiome. $3125
- Option 4 : Complete Hormone Health – The path to vitality is healthy hormone levels! This includes the initial consultation, Adrenal, Thyroid, and Sex Hormone testing using state of the art methods, essential nutritional screening, 2 follow-up visits to review your labs in detail, and a customized hormone revitalization protocol that may include both prescription and non-prescription recommendations. Continuation of the protocol requires a monthly membership fee that includes regular testing and follow-up visits every 3 months, but as a member of the practice you get 10% off recommended professional-quality supplements, IV vitamin therapy, and select aesthetics products and services . $1925 first 3 months, then $175/month thereafter
- Option 5 : CardioMetabolic Reboot – This package is for those with a history or risk factors for heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes and a desire to be proactive in preventing or reversing disease. Includes the initial consultation, an advanced lipid panel and biomarker test, metabolic testing, and 2 follow-up visits to put your plan in action. It also includes 10% off recommended professional-quality supplements, IV vitamin therapy, and select aesthetics products and services. $2145
- Option 6 : Leaky Gut and Food Sensitivity Evaluation – It’s a hot topic these days. If you’re already dealing with an autoimmune disease or want to be proactive in avoiding one, this is the testing you need. I partner with Dunwoody Labs for their intestinal permeability assay, comprehensive stool analysis, and food sensitivity testing. Beware, this is not for the faint of heart or those not prepared to significantly modify their diet in order to heal. Requires the initial consultation and 3 follow-up visits, gut-healing supplements, and re-testing at 6 months. $1745, does not include labs, $2045 includes 3 sessions with my health and nutrition coach
- OptimalSelf Membership : As a member of the practice, you are entitled to a half-hour visit with me every month, 10% off professional-quality supplements, IV vitamin therapy, and select aesthetics products and services like Botox, Juvederm, facial laser resurfacing, SculpSure laser body contouring, and Revision Skin Care products. $175/month
- IV Therapy Consultation: An online health questionnaire is required and reviewed prior to your first infusion. If screening labs are necessary, I will discuss those with you. Currently available are Myer’s cocktail with custom variations, FastVitaminIV, Vitamin C, Glutathione, and NAD (Brain Refuel) therapy. Come see for yourself how intravenous vitamin therapy can make a tremendous difference! Cost varies based on protocol, starts at $150 for a basic Myer’s drip
- Vitamin Injections : Classic B12 (both methylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin available) as well as MIC (“fat-burning”) B12 for a boost of energy and metabolism! Vitamin D3 injections also available $15 and $25, and $30
- Aesthetic Services : Once you’re feeling amazing, you’re going to want to look that way too! I’ve partnered with my husband (the other Dr. B) to provide convenient and accessible aesthetic services and products in our beautiful downtown location with Tuesday evening and occasional weekend hours.
Appointment types: The initial appointment must be in-person, but follow-ups can be via Skype or telephone.
Payment – Payment is due at the time of service. We as a practice are out of network and do not accept private insurance, Medicaid or Medicare. I can provide you with a HCFA form and coded receipts to submit for reimbursement (except for Medicaid and Medicare). However, you are ultimately responsible for submitting the appropriate documentation that your insurance company requires for reimbursement. Please contact your insurance company to determine what their individual requirements are. Submission of a claim for reimbursement does not guarantee payment and is subject to specific health plan benefits. Each health plan is different. Check with your insurance company about your out-of-network benefits. You may also use HSA/FSA cards if permitted by your insurance plan. Payment is due at time of service, and membership patients must have a credit card on file. Due to the amount of time reserved for your appointment, we require notification of cancellation no less than 3 business days before your appointment. A credit card is needed to reserve your appointment and you will be billed 50% of your visit fee if you fail to notify us in time.
Cancellation Policy: Due to the amount of time reserved for your appointment, we require notification of cancellation no less than 3 business days before your appointment. A credit card is needed to reserve your appointment and you will be billed 50% of your visit fee if you fail to notify us in time.
Examples of Labs I use:
- Nutritional Evaluation: Depending on the patient, I use Genova NutrEval, ION, Organix, Metabolic Analysis, the Optimal Nutritional Evaluation, Spectracell Micronutrient testing, or a combination of these. All are very comprehensive, using either blood or urine and give me unprecedented depths of insight into your unique metabolic status and nutritional needs.
- Doctor’s Data Comprehensive Stool Analysis with Parasitology, GI-MAP, or Genova GI Effects – 1 to 3-day stool collection to evaluate digestion, absorption, elimination, potential bacterial imbalance, infections, yeast, parasites, and the state of your microbiome.
- Dunwoody Lab’s Intestinal Permeability Assay for quantitation of leaky gut, histamine levels, and DAO levels.
- Genova Diagnostic’s SIBO Breath Test
- Cyrex or KBMO FIT Test for food sensitivities – this test measures IgG antibodies and activated complement to limit the number of false positives. I may combine this test with salivary sIgA testing to get the most accurate results.
- Precision Analytical’s DUTCH Test – dried urine testing for complete hormones, including sex hormones and adrenal function. I believe this is easier to collect than saliva for some patients.
- ZRT Neurotransmitter panel
- ZRT salivary hormone and adrenal function testing
- Cleveland Heart Lab – Advanced lipid testing and ApoE genotype
- Quest Labs for standard testing
- Biomarker panel – a customized panel for men or women that includes a CBC, comprehensive metabolic panel, hsCRP, IGF-1, ferritin, iron, hemoglobin A1c, and homocysteine, among other important tests.
- Comprehensive Thyroid testing far beyond the standard TSH.
- I use many other specialty labs depending on the needs of my patients.
- Most traditional lab tests are covered by your insurance plan regardless of the ordering physician, but this is not true with specialty testing which is still considered “experimental”. I recommend that you check with your insurance provider to better understand any restrictions or financial obligations you may have under your current plan. For instance, if you have to meet a large deductible before labs are covered, you may decide that paying cash is a more affordable option and may apply to your deductible for the year. I offer all labs to you at a discounted cash price, but some lab companies will take a co-pay and bill your insurance.