INFORMATION AND RATES
In addition to Functional Medicine and Wellness consulting and specialty lab testing, I am now offering lots of new services like on-site blood draws, advanced IV therapy, vitamin injections, comprehensive evaluations for nutrient deficiencies, personalized supplement programs, healthy skin care, and health/nutrition coaching.
What you can expect from me:
I’m certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine. I see all kinds of patients, from those looking for complementary solutions to complex illness to those who enjoy good health and want to be proactive in maintaining it. My practice is small and I accept a limited number of new functional medicine and wellness patients per month in order to maintain a personalized experience and the highest quality of care. Your well-being is my priority. I get the best results with patients who are willing to maintain a close working relationship with me and my team, provide frequent feedback, and check in often, so I try to make that as easy and enjoyable as possible. I am sensitive to the costs associated with functional medicine, and I will do my best to devise a plan that is affordable for you.
I prefer to treat you as a whole person instead of focusing on an illness or disease, so my approach takes into consideration all of the systems of the body and how they are interrelated. My patients come to me with a variety of needs and conditions, and some of those are listed below:
- Thyroid disorders
- Adrenal Fatigue/ HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Stress-related disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Gastrointestinal complaints
- Food sensitivities
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Hormone imbalances
- Brain fog and cognitive decline
- Fatigue and energy issues
- Sleep disturbance
- Metabolic syndrome
- Systemic inflammation
- Toxin related illness
- Heavy metal toxicity
What I expect from you:
- I ask that everyone complete the application for consultation and book a complimentary call with me before I accept you as a patient.
- I require that you have a primary care doctor for routine health needs. I serve as a specialty consultant and cannot take the place of your regular doctor when it comes to acute illnesses, injuries, and routine health maintenance like mammograms, pelvic exams, prostate exams, cardiac stress testing, and colonoscopies.
- I ask that you always be open, honest, and thorough in providing the required information. I also ask that you be patient and willing to implement healing strategies that may take 3 to 6 months, and sometimes longer for complex issues.
I offer several great options to new functional and wellness medicine patients:
- Option 1 : Initial Comprehensive Case Review (ICCR) – This is how I get to know you and is required for all new functional medicine and wellness patients. The ICCR is a thorough review of your health history, including any previous labs and records you upload for me to interpret, and a 60-minute appointment with me to give you a “functional” perspective on your health and create a diagnostic plan for you, or give you a second opinion. Prior to this appointment, I go through all of the questionnaires you completed, review your old records, and construct your health profile. I also do some “thinking and linking” about your history and current issues. During the appointment, we fill in the blanks and create your unique health timeline. Lab testing is not included. Recommended labs and a proposed plan of treatment will be discussed at the end of our appointment with approximate pricing, and test kits prepared for you to pick up at a later date. $695 initial, follow-ups $350/hr, $175 half-hour (Pediatric initial consult rate $395)
- Option 2 : Optimal Wellness Package – For those that know they want to dig deep and learn more about optimizing and managing their health! This includes the initial consultation, metabolic and digestion assessment, and a “wellness panel” that includes thyroid and hormone testing, as well as vitamin levels and markers of inflammation. It also includes 3 follow-up appointments with me at 3, 6, and 12 weeks to discuss results and implement healing strategies, unlimited access for questions along the way, and optional discounted re-testing in 4 to 6 months. $2685 includes all labs and visit fees, may be paid in 3 installments
- Optimal Nutrition Package : If you’ve ever wondered if you really need all of those supplements you take, or if there’s something missing in your regimen, I can help! Let me design a personalized supplement program based on your unique needs. I can customize your supplements into an all-in-one powder or capsules, or am/pm/bedtime packets for ultimate portability. No more juggling all those bottles or wasting money on things you don’t need! $979, includes online questionnaire with review, blood testing and an appointment with me to discuss your results and design your personal regimen. The custom supplement program is an additional cost and varies per person based on your needs, and you get 20% off your first order!
- IV Therapy Consultation and pre-treatment labs: After completing an online health questionnaire, screening labs are done and reviewed during a brief complimentary consultation with me prior to your first infusion. Currently available are Myer’s cocktail with custom variations, FastVitaminIV, Vitamin C, Glutathione, and NAD therapy. Come see for yourself how intravenous vitamin therapy can make a tremendous difference! Cost varies based on protocol and package discounts, as low as $125 for a basic Myer’s.
- Vitamin Injections : Classic B12 (both methylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin available) as well as MIC (“fat-burning”) B12 for a boost of energy and metabolism! Between $15 and $25, packages available
- Aesthetic Services : Once you’re feeling amazing, you’re going to want to look that way too! I’ve partnered with my husband (the other Dr. B) to provide convenient and accessible aesthetic services and products in our beautiful downtown location with Tuesday evening and occasional weekend hours. Classic B12 (both methylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin available) as well as MIC (“fat-burning”) B12 for a boost of energy and metabolism! Between $15 and $25
Appointment types: The initial appointment must be in-person, but follow-ups can be via Skype or telephone.
Payment – Payment is due at the time of service. We as a practice are out of network and do not accept private insurance, Medicaid or Medicare. I can provide you with a HCFA form and coded receipts to submit for reimbursement (except for Medicaid and Medicare). However, you are ultimately responsible for submitting the appropriate documentation that your insurance company requires for reimbursement. Please contact your insurance company to determine what their individual requirements are. Submission of a claim for reimbursement does not guarantee payment and is subject to specific health plan benefits. Each health plan is different. Check with your insurance company about your out-of-network benefits. You may also use HSA/FSA cards if permitted by your insurance plan. Payment is due at time of service, and membership patients must have a credit card on file. Due to the amount of time reserved for your appointment, we require notification of cancellation no less than 3 business days before your appointment. A credit card is needed to reserve your appointment and you will be billed 50% of your visit fee if you fail to notify us in time.
Cancellation Policy: Due to the amount of time reserved for your appointment, we require notification of cancellation no less than 3 business days before your appointment. A credit card is needed to reserve your appointment and you will be billed 50% of your visit fee if you fail to notify us in time.
Examples of Labs I use:
- Nutritional Evaluation: Depending on the patient, I use Genova NutrEval, ION, Organix, Metabolic Analysis, the Optimal Nutritional Evaluation, Spectracell Micronutrient testing, or a combination of these. All are very comprehensive, using either blood or urine and give me unprecedented depths of insight into your unique metabolic status and nutritional needs.
- Doctor’s Data Comprehensive Stool Analysis with Parasitology, GI-MAP, DRG Labs, or Genova GI Effects – 1 to 3-day stool collection to evaluate digestion, absorption, elimination, potential bacterial imbalance, infections, yeast, parasites, and the state of your microbiome.
- Cyrex or KBMO FIT Test for food sensitivities – this test measures IgG antibodies and activated complement to limit the number of false positives. I may combine this test with salivary sIgA testing to get the most accurate results.
- Precision Analytical’s DUTCH Test – dried urine testing for complete hormones, including sex hormones and adrenal function. I believe this is easier to collect than saliva for some patients.
- ZRT Neurotransmitter panel
- ZRT salivary hormone and adrenal function testing
- Quest Labs for standard testing
- Biomarker panel – a customized panel for men or women that includes a CBC, comprehensive metabolic panel, CRP, IGF-1, ferritin, iron, hemoglobin A1c, and homocysteine, among other important tests.
- Comprehensive Thyroid testing far beyond the standard TSH.
- I use many other specialty labs depending on the needs of my patients.
- Most traditional lab tests are covered by your insurance plan regardless of the ordering physician, but this is not true with specialty testing which is still considered “experimental”. I recommend that you check with your insurance provider to better understand any restrictions or financial obligations you may have under your current plan. For instance, if you have to meet a large deductible before labs are covered, you may decide that paying cash is a more affordable option and may apply to your deductible for the year. I offer all labs to you at a discounted cash price, but some lab companies will take a co-pay and bill your insurance.